Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Random update

The status of stuff at home:
Hannah has a cold. So do I. She is (as usual) dealing with it much better than I am. She is just not a whiny kid, or she hasn't learned yet that you can totally milk it when you don't feel so hot. Either way, she makes me feel like a wimp. *chuckle* We've gotten to spend some time together the past few days, though, since we had all that time in the car over the weekend AND I actually left work more or less on time yesterday and today. Brock is not sick, which is good, and is currently, at 9:35 p.m., at the grocery store buying milk because we are almost out. He takes the best care of us.

The status of school stuff:
My research paper is done; that is to say, it's as good as it's going to get. It is not the best paper I've ever written, but it'll have to do. I don't have time or energy to make it any better, so I surrender. My group paper is also pretty much done; I felt like I had to do a lot more work on it than I should have, but I think it, also, is as good as it's going to get. Someone else in the group is responsible for finishing the PowerPoint, my part of which I already gave her, so I am choosing not to worry about that. So now I think I just have to study for the final - but in super-happy-oh-so-great news, we get to have a cheat sheet for the test. This is fabulous because, while I get all the concepts, memorizing everything is just more than my mucus-addled head can handle. So if I can just have something to remind me of things, I think I should be okay. I still have to study, though. And make my cheat sheet.

The status of work stuff:
My presentation and handouts for our fall sales meeting are pretty much done. I haven't practiced my presentation yet, but it's pretty much a variation on the theme I do every year, so I don't anticipate anything too weird happening. Usually I just practice it in the car on the way there the day I have to present (it's an hour drive from home), and I'm good to go. Luckily, I really like giving presentations, so I don't freak out too much about them.

Random other stuff:
While I have a fond place in my heart for our Dell laptop, as it was a Valentine's Day present from Brock four years ago, it is also four years old and slow as molasses. And I hate the space bar, which has always been a little funky. I have to use it for school stuff because it has Word and PowerPoint and all those Microsoft tools of domination on it, whereas our cute little Macbook doesn't. And just so you know, I tried Google Docs, and it totally doesn't work for papers that require a lot of formatting. So I tried to "stick it to the man," as it were, and couldn't.

I am so excited that it's not yet 10:00 and I am actually done with a bunch of stuff. I may go to bed early tonight. I should probably start organizing my notes to study, but I don't feel like it...and I have to stay late at work tomorrow, anyway, since I have to kill time before going to the sales meeting's opening dinner. So maybe I'll do it then.

No comments: