Thursday, October 11, 2007

STRESS

Some disjointed thoughts about why I am stressed, and think my hair may be falling out faster than normal:

I have a research paper, a group paper and a group presentation due, and a final exam, 9 days from today.

Group members 1 and 2 (one of those is me) have completed their portions of the group project. Group member 3, for unclear reasons, has not. We were all supposed to be done yesterday; the idea was that then we'd have a couple days to put all the pieces together, we'd review it as a group before class on Saturday, and then hopefully be more or less done with two things a whole week before they were due - leaving a week to work on our research papers and studying.

I don't think it's going to work that way.

Our high school reunion is this weekend, so I'm losing my weekend to nostalgia. I am really looking forward to the reunion, but bummed about the timing. I could use Saturday and Sunday for schoolwork instead of driving.

And the last three days before all this stuff is due is my company's fall sales meeting, which I have to go to and prepare a presentation for.

Tonight Hannah didn't want to go home with Brock because she wanted Mommy. I've been staying late at work the past few days to try to get some schoolwork done while I'm actually awake, coherent and capable of rational thought. I haven't seen Hannah much as a result, and it is clearly getting on her nerves as well as mine. We did get to spend some time together this evening, but I have guilt. On top of stress.

Brock has really had to take care of a lot of the home stuff this week with pretty much no help from me. He's wonderful and doesn't mind at all, and is so encouraging I think I'd never make it without him...but I also feel like I'm not contributing as much as I should. Even though I can't contribute anymore because there's just not enough time or energy.

On the up side, we're getting our new dryer tomorrow. So we can at least go back to doing laundry normally. There's a little less stress, I guess.

Okay, back to Paper Writing Land.

No comments: