Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Papers and presentations and tests, oh my!

Sometimes, I wonder what my undergraduate career would have been like, had there been blogs and Twitter and the general internet environment we find ourselves in today. Because I think I procrastinated a lot then, anyway, and I can't for the life of me figure out how I was doing it. I think maybe I just watched a lot of Dawson's Creek and had deep, philosophical discussions with my roommate about why we liked Pacey SO MUCH BETTER than Dawson. Anyway.

So, I was reading Vic's 3:30 a.m. post about not being able to sleep during finals, and I thought, "Yeah, why is it so annoying? Was I this annoyed as an undergrad?" I think I probably was, but I also had a lot less going on.

So this week, for example, I have a paper and presentation due tomorrow. Paper is done. Presentation is not. And it's not done because I had stomach flu yesterday. Not a terribly bad case, but bad enough that I couldn't eat any food, which meant that by about 3:30 yesterday afternoon (after TWO two-hour meetings, plus other meetings, plus three presentations on various things having to do with my job), I was just about done. And the weather was crap. And then I came down with a fever. So, meaning to only sleep for a couple of hours before getting up to try to at least draft the presentation, I actually fell asleep on the couch and didn't wake up till 11:30. At which point, I just went to bed, because you can't START homework at 11:30.

So today I am better, but I have no presentation, and I have two things I need to do for work tonight AFTER I finish and practice the presentation, and here I am blogging.

Because it's a lot more fun to complain about stuff than it is to actually do it.

Although I suppose I should just go do it anyway.

No comments: