Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The school debrief

So, I haven't mentioned on here that I am officially done with classes for the semester. I had kind of an anticlimactic end to the semester because on my last day of Saturday class, I didn't have to do anything but hand in my take-home final, and my last Thursday class got canceled because of the weather so all we had to do was email the take-home final to the instructor.

I do not enjoy studying or test-taking, generally, but it does make for sort of a sputtering end to the term when you can't do the brain dump onto your exam paper, drop the thing on the instructor's desk and emerge, triumphant, from the hallowed halls of learning that have sapped all your energy and free time for the preceding 15 weeks. But I am almost certain I got an A in both my classes, which makes me happy, because I like getting A's very much. :)

With this term, I am halfway done with grad school. This is AWESOME! I can totally see the end from here...it's like being at the top of the mountain, and while there's still a long walk down, at least from here on out I'm going down and not up anymore! Six more classes to go (two this spring, one over the summer, two in the fall and the big finish the following spring).

I'm planning to enjoy my nice, long break. I have to cram in some business travel in January since I'm not that available for business trips during the semester, but otherwise, I'll be happy to be home more. School only takes me from home two days a week, and I do almost all of my homework after Hannah goes to bed, but I still feel a little guilty that I'm not always here when she needs or wants me to be. Luckily, I have a great husband who totally picks up the slack for me, and keeps me sane.

I still love school, though. I'm kind of wondering what I'll do when I'm done. I like learning! I'm a nerd. :)

No comments: