Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Here's what's wrong with the Egg McMuffin

Are you listening, McDonald's?

I love Egg McMuffins. I specifically love the Sausage McMuffin with Egg, although I've never understood why they don't call it the Sausage and Egg McMuffin. It's a lot easier to say. But anyway...I hit the drive through this morning for a McMuffin because I didn't have time for breakfast at home, and it sounded good. (I could have bought breakfast at work, but that's complicated because then I'd have to remember to take my dirty dishes back to the cafeteria.) I know I shouldn't eat McMuffins, and I really, really try not to do it very often, but sometimes, a girl's just gotta have a McMuffin.

So here's what's wrong with them: it's the cheese. It's totally in the wrong place. I like cheese on my sandwich, breakfast or otherwise, to either be right under the top bun, or right on top of the meat, if there is meat in the sandwich. (Example: bun, pickles, CHEESE, hamburger, bun OR bun, CHEESE, turkey, bun.) A Sausage McMuffin with Egg goes like this: muffin, egg, sausage, cheese, muffin (or vice versa, but that's also totally wrong because everyone knows egg on the bottom in this situation is just weird). I think McDonald's has two options if they want to make this right: muffin, cheese, egg, sausage, muffin OR muffin, egg, cheese, sausage, muffin. I would prefer the latter - wouldn't the melty cheese just do the trick to hold the egg and sausage together? - but either would be better than the current configuration, in which the egg and sausage don't stick together and the sandwich layers slip, and then the buns don't match up anymore, and then it's really frustrating, especially when you're trying to eat it in the car.

So that's what I think about McMuffins. And you know how yesterday I said I'd try to post things that were remotely interesting to other people? Clearly I didn't mean that, or I wouldn't have just spent hundreds of words on a very fattening, terrible for you, yet utterly delicious breakfast sandwich.

No comments: