Friday, August 31, 2007

You rock, Barack

I have a crush on Barack Obama. Don't worry, Brock knows this, and I think he's okay with it. Right now I'm watching The Daily Show from last Wednesday (hey, I know it's a little late, but that's what DVRs are for), on which Barack Obama showed once again why I have a crush on him. He's smart, he's funny, and he's darned cute. I haven't yet decided if I think he'd be a good president, but he's a lot more appealing than a whole lot of the other goofs who think they're running (you know, the ones who get to be in 47 debates now, and by next November no one will remember who they are, if anyone ever knew who they were in the first place). In the interest of full disclosure, I will say that I have voted for Barack Obama before, so obviously I think the guy has some good things to say. The thing that scares me is that, in a country that could elect our current president twice, I have little faith (although a lot of hope) that somebody like Barack Obama can cut through the clutter and make people pay attention...and believe that the mess(es) we're in can get fixed.

By the way, I can't take credit for the title of this post. Some people in The Daily Show's audience yelled it when Barack took the stage, but it pretty much sums it all up. Rock on, Barack. Rock on.

No comments: