Sunday, November 11, 2007

An open letter to the Indianapolis Colts

Dear Colts,
I'm watching you "play" against the San Diego Chargers right now. I'm sure you know this, but you're not doing very well. Okay, you're really playing terribly. LaDainian Tomlinson just scored a touchdown to make it 23-0 and I think it's not even halfway through the second quarter. Peyton Manning has thrown, at current count, four interceptions. Or maybe it's 40. Or maybe it just feels like 40. Anyway, you're kind of sucking.

I was mostly okay after last week's loss to the New England Patriots. Really, I was. It was a good game, you played pretty well (could have been better, of course) and you at least showed what happens when the Patriots actually have to play a good team - they have to fight to win, which they haven't had to do all season. I was glad you made them do that.

But this? This is not cool. I'm not even paying attention to this game anymore. It's too painful. I mean, who are these people on the field in Colts uniforms? What's going on? I really think the defense is doing okay, but at this rate, they're all going to be dead tired by the third quarter. And the offense is...really bad. Surprisingly bad.

So get with the program, okay? Think of me. I've been a Colts fan for more than 20 years. I lived through the infamous 1-15 season and ALL of the Jeff George years. I know you won a Super Bowl last year, which was awesome, but I hope you don't think that was actually enough to repay me for my years of suffering. So please, please...whatever you did to get ready for the game this week, NEVER do that again. You're allowed to be a little "off" once in awhile, but this is not acceptable.

And here's a special message for the "special" teams: you guys need to practice harder. Seriously.

No comments: