Saturday, November 17, 2007

Surprise vacation

We are very, very near the departure date for our vacation. I haven't blogged about it at all, because frankly, I couldn't stand to think about it too much...I really need a vacation, and it seemed better not to get too worked up about it until it was almost time to go. But...it's almost here, and I am now not just daily, but basically hourly, bugging Brock to tell me where we're going. This is because he booked the trip in August and wants the destination to be a surprise! How cool and amazing is that? But it means I am in quite a lot of suspense. (Although, if you do happen to know where we're going, DON'T TELL ME. I love surprises and I don't want to ruin this one.)

I have gotten several clues:
  • Brock knows someone who lives near our destination (not terribly helpful; he knows someone almost everywhere)
  • He's never been there before
  • It takes more than 2 hours to fly there
  • It's not warm there
  • It's not Las Vegas or Portland (long story about Portland, but I know it's not Portland)
  • The people who live there have "distinctive accents"
  • We're taking public transportation while we're there
So I figure it has to be a fairly large city, at least. There is a vocal contingent of people at work who are sure we're going to New York City, but I'm not completely sure about that - Brock used to know someone in New York, but she moved to Tokyo. Plus I think the person he knows who applies to this trip is a guy. And I don't think he knows any guys in New York, but I'm not certain. I really don't know where we're going, though.

I get my final clue on Thanksgiving...Brock says it will either be really helpful in narrowing things down, or it will totally confuse me.

This is way fun!

No comments: