Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The most un-vacationy vacation day

So, it's 1:07 p.m. on a Tuesday, and I'm at home...on a "vacation day" to do homework. On one hand, that's about the most pathetic thing ever. On the other hand, I am getting a lot done, and I think that if I could have Mythbusters running in the background at work I would get more done there, too. Also, it helps if no one calls you and you're not obligated to answer your emails.

I was inspired to schedule this unrelaxing day after realizing that I only have, like, two classes left before I have all these big projects due, and I have really turned into a slacker this semester so I haven't been paying a lot of attention to schoolwork. (Brock is quite proud of me for this, and gave me a high-five for finally acting "normal" about school.)

Anyway, I spent the morning combing through dozens of sources for my fabulous paper on launching Oreo cookies in India. The good news is that my greatest fear has not yet come true - I haven't found any evidence that Kraft already did this, thus making my paper completely irrelevant. So I think I'm okay. And I typed up my reference list already, so that part is done. AND my literature review is already done...so really I only have 13 more pages to crank out, plus a presentation, by Dec. 6. The bad news is that I do actually need to have a big idea about how to launch Oreo cookies in India, but that, so far, has not happened.

The afternoon is dedicated to the project for my other class, which is about revitalizing the Taster's Choice instant coffee brand. I think if I can get my backgrounder done this afternoon, I'll be pleased. I'm less worried about this project because all the assignments for class have fed into it, so I'm much further along than I am on the Oreo thing.

Perhaps I should eat some Oreos for inspiration. I'm not drinking Taster's Choice because I don't even like coffee. ;)

I did go to Taco Bell for lunch, one of my all-time favorite indulgences when I am stressed out, and I'm amazed at how good my mood is after three hard-shell Taco Supremes. I don't know why or how, but Taco Bell has the best sour cream anywhere, and it makes me happy.

Okay, clearly I am procrastinating...time to get back to homework. Besides, I have to call into work for a phone conference at 2:30 (I told you this was the most un-vacationy vacation day)...

No comments: