Thursday, November 20, 2008

Steamrolling to the end of the semester

I think I'm really about three or four different people: School Me, Work Me, Home Me (which could further split into Mom Me and Wife Me), Friend Me.

School Me is torn about class right now, because the end of the semester is barreling toward me. I am 99% sure I'm going to get an A in the class I like. I am 99% sure that getting the paper done for the class I don't like is going to be wicked torture. How can I like one class so much and hate the other one so much?

Anyway, after Thanksgiving I only have two classes left for one course (the one I hate) and three classes left for the other (the one I like). After my Tuesday "Oh my gosh school is almost over and I haven't even outlined the biggest paper I have to do" session, I am in okay shape on getting everything done. I'll be in better shape if I can grab a few hours over the Thanksgiving holiday to get some more work done, but that's usually challenging because we're with family, and they want to, you know, talk to me and stuff. *chuckle* Of course, I love being with them, too...but I also just want to get this stupid paper finished and out of my life forever and ever.

The thing is, I like being School Me. I love school. I forgot how much I loved school until I went back. So I wonder...will I miss School Me when this three-year odyssey is over? I think I probably will.

But then I think...if School Me goes away again, maybe I could get Reading for Fun Me back. I do miss her a bit. :)

No comments: