Wednesday, September 5, 2007

T minus 3 days

Three days till I start school. I bought a really fabulous new messenger bag (chocolate brown with aqua hibiscus flowers), a new lunch bag (because my class is more than 5 hours long and I will starve and get cranky without snacks), new pens, new highlighters, a new binder, a new folder and a new notebook. I will say this: shopping for school supplies is just as fun as it was the last time I had to do it, ca. 2000. I also am just as picky now as I was then. I spent several minutes searching for the perfect pens. But I'm officially excited about starting school now that I have fun new gear.

My first time management conflict: I am supposed to read the first three chapters of the textbook prior to Saturday's class. I haven't done it yet. I thought I would do it tomorrow, but the Colts season opener is tomorrow night. I'm looking at this as an opportunity to recall a process I perfected at Purdue: reading while watching TV. You do what you have to do.

I am particularly interested in tomorrow's Colts game because I have Marvin Harrison on my fantasy football team. My dad has Peyton Manning, and we're playing each other this week. Last year, by some magic, I had Peyton AND Marvin on my team, and I won the league (some would say under dubious circumstances, but I say this: not everyone can be a champion, and I understand that it's hard when it's not you). My team needs some work this year, but we have a good foundation.

I suppose school is going to affect my fantasy football management. And my Guitar Hero II habit. Because really, I do have enough time to get schoolwork done...it's just that there's more fun stuff to do.

No comments: