Sunday, December 9, 2007

P is for procrastinate

I admit it. I'm out of gas for this school thing. I am ready for a break. My brain is tired. I've been battling a cold for more than a week and a half. I am still fervently interested in the things I'm learning in class (I'm a nerd, but I really, really love going to class), but when it comes time to apply them in the form of a big ol' final project I'm supposed to turn in six days from now...I'm not into it. I would much rather be doing other things. Like looking at the Christmas tree we just put up today, or thinking about what gifts we're going to get people (especially the very fun, Christmas-crazy, almost-three-year-old in the house). Or reading my favorite blog. Or blogging, even though I don't have anything terribly interesting to say. :)

Luckily, right now I have a very good grade in my class, so if I can kick butt on the take-home final (which seems to be reasonable, given that, since it's a take-home, I can look up all the answers), I will have bought myself a pretty nice cushion for the grade on the project I can't seem to get into. I just have to actually finish it, and I should be in good shape.

I get six weeks off from school after this. I am so ready for it. I'm going to sleep in on Saturdays (like, past 7:00) and maybe read entire books for fun.

But first, there are the next six days...and the big project due at the end. Bleh.

1 comment:

Redhoon said...

Wouldn't it be great if you could just audit every class or take it pass/fail?? I was thinking about that today while studying. :) Good luck with the project--I'm sure you'll do well!