Saturday, May 3, 2008

Breaking down

I finished my Saturday class today. I turned in my magnificent paper on blog readers, got through the final I spent a grand total of three hours studying for, and I am done. I actually feel pretty good about it, but can't really bask in that glory because I still have a massive paper and presentation to do by Monday. I have a take-home final to do after that, but I'm not even thinking about it until Tuesday.

Last night I nearly burst into tears. I have been so stressed, and so sleep-deprived, and things have been so abnormal around here between work and work travel (mine and Brock's) and potty training and whatever else, plus this school ridiculousness, that I am definitely not myself.

This afternoon I'm crashing hard. I overloaded on caffeine this morning (chai when I got up, grande latte from Starbucks on the way to class, Coke at lunch), giving myself a terrific headache. But I did manage to stay awake for class, which was something. The downside is that the caffeine has worn off, and I'm exhausted. And I'm afraid to drink more caffeine. But I have to crank out nine more pages on greenwashing tonight if I am to have any hope of getting stuff actually done, in a reasonably effective way, by Monday.

I think I am going to add "kick my caffeine habit" to the things I want to do when school is over.

And if you're a friend or family member reading this, please don't call me this weekend. Not to be rude or anything, but I really do not have time to talk to people. I barely have time or energy to interact with the people I live with.

Two more weeks...and then school will be over and I'll get a break. And at least I'm done with one class, right?

No comments: