Monday, June 23, 2008

Am I a grown-up?

Today I wore a dress to work. I haven't worn (or owned) a dress since approximately my wedding day. I'm not sure why, but for about five years I wouldn't even wear skirts. I think I just decided I was too pale to go without nylons, and nylons just aren't cool. (Sorry, they're just not.) But a few years ago I decided to go back to skirts, and then last weekend I bought a really fabulous summer dress...and so the evolution to Grown-Up Professional Career Woman seems sort of complete.

I even have a hairstyle now - layers, rather than just Long Hair. Wow. Who knew?

Also, I bought shorts for the first time in about five years, too...since shorts that actually have an inseam are back in. Can't do short shorts. Nobody wants to see that. I told my mother I changed out of a dress and into shorts, and I think she about collapsed. *chuckle*

No comments: