Thursday, June 12, 2008

Bummer

So, one of the things I was REALLY looking forward to after finishing school was being able to go back to kickboxing class. Tonight was the first night. I found out this morning (because I am well-connected) that there's drama going on at the gym, and my regular instructor - who is awesome - was told that her services were no longer needed.

I know of 5 people who dropped out before class even started because of this. (We really love our instructor.) But I thought I'd give it a try, to be fair, and it was disappointingly low-impact. I haven't been to kickboxing for almost four months, and I never even got short of breath. I only stopped twice to take a drink of water. And the class finished 10 minutes early! We used to go 20 minutes over. I think it was probably fine if you'd never done kickboxing before and maybe hadn't worked out in a long time. But it's not enough for me, so I'll be asking for a refund.

Bummer.

No comments: