Thursday, September 27, 2007

Hooray for Dad!

My dad's surgery went great! Everything went according to plan and he's doing really well. He will most likely be able to go home from the hospital tomorrow - yippee! He'll have several checkups in the next weeks and months to make sure the stint the doctor put in to reinforce his aorta and cut off the blood supply to the aneurysm is doing what it's supposed to, but right now all signs point to "Wahoo, it's over!"

I'm back home after a very tiring trip (we left my parents' house at 4:50 a.m...which wasn't so bad until my car, which lives on Central time, told me it was really 3:50 when I started it up this morning), but not for long. I leave first thing in the morning for a (thankfully short) business trip. It will be much easier to focus now that I know my dad's doing okay.

Thanks to everyone who said prayers or thought happy thoughts for my dad today. They worked! :)

Whew.

No comments: