Sunday, February 24, 2008

Oscars, schmoscars

On this, the occasion of the 80th Academy Awards, I want to share something that indicates how far my life has come since I had a baby:

I have only seen one movie that is nominated for any award in any category. Just one, and that was Pirates 3, and it was just nominated for makeup and visual effects. Which means I never see movies anymore. When I was in college, the Oscars were a major event for me and my roommate. We were movie-going fiends, and we'd usually seen most of the movies and had strong opinions about who should win. I remember one year, she had a 7:30 class the day after the awards and had to go to bed before it was over, and she made me write down who won the awards she missed and leave the list on the kitchen counter so she could see it in the morning (clearly, this was before we'd all come to rely so heavily on the internet).

And now, I've only seen one movie out of all the movies that have been nominated.

Maybe I'll luck out next year and the Veggie Tales movie will get nominated for something, and I'll feel included. :)

No comments: