Monday, February 4, 2008

Odds & ends

1. I am so happy the Patriots lost the Super Bowl. I suppose I am also happy for the Giants that they won, and even though I've always thought Eli Manning was a little whiny, he just seemed so aw-shucks pleased with everything that I have to be happy for him. Also, he's Peyton's brother and I'm sure Peyton is glad they won. But mostly, it just does my heart good that the Cheating Cheaters Who Cheat got theirs...finally. My friend Jen & I put a sign that said "18-1" outside the office of this major Patriots fan we work with. (He is a nice guy, or we wouldn't have done it; he took it the right way. He also left Patriots stuff on my desk earlier in the season, so he had it coming.)

2. The problem with night school is that you have to work all day and then go to school. I had a mildly crummy day at work, but most of my department had a bona fide crappy day, so it was tiring. And then I had to go discuss ethics for 2 1/2 hours...which is endlessly interesting, but hard to do when your brain is so worn out.

3. I found a new use for my navigation system: finding your way in the fog. It is stupid-foggy here tonight, so I used the nav system to give me some warning for when turns were coming up. It worked quite well.

4. Tomorrow is Super Tuesday and if you live in a state that's holding its primary, be sure to vote! I'm planning to maintain my perfect Barack Obama voting record. I'm really interested to see how the presidential race shapes up after tomorrow, especially since the weather is supposed to be awful in many of the primary states.

5. Did I mention I'm happy the Patriots lost?

No comments: