Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Why did I think this was a good idea?

So, work is crazy. Mostly the challenging-in-a-good-way kind of crazy, but it is causing me stress.

I have a 15-page paper due in less than 3 weeks, for which I have only begun research...meaning, I downloaded/requested a bunch of articles whose titles looked promising. I have not yet reviewed any of these articles. There's also a 10-minute presentation to prepare on the paper I haven't written yet. I'm actually not even 100% sure what I'm supposed to be talking about in the paper.

I have a rather large research project due in less than three weeks, as well, for which I have only just gotten my survey results. (THANKS if you took my survey!!) Again, I need to prepare a presentation based on the research report I haven't written yet.

My fantastic kid is potty training, which is a weird roller coaster of really HIGH highs (hooray, you did it!) and really LOW lows (accidents in the bathtub). It also involves spending a lot of time sitting in the bathroom.

My husband is probably going to have to take another business trip soon. I told him I really didn't mind this (and I don't) because, while he is wonderful and was very concerned about having to leave when I am in the throes of school/work insanity (not to mention the potty training), I don't think I would get any work done any faster if he were here vs. not here.

Luckily, I'm done traveling for awhile...and if I can just get a plan in place for the school stuff, I will feel a lot better. But right now it all has the feel of, "Jeez, I should have started all this crap six weeks ago, even though I didn't have all the information I really needed to be able to do it then."

I had a major stomach ache this afternoon/evening...which I was afraid might be stomach flu, but I think might have actually been from stress. That is NOT cool.

I need it to be May 12. Then I have the whole summer off from school and I can bank some sanity for the fall semester. It's going to take me longer to get through school, but I am SO glad I am taking the summer off.

No comments: